Search Feature

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Grilled Cactus (Nopales) Salad with Spicy Chipotle Dressing







This is one of my Char-Broil Allstar cooks. It's an easy salad to put together while you have the grill going. Any of your favorite veggies can be used.
For this salad I added grilled corn, red onions, black beans, crumbled asadero cheese, and grilled yellow and red peppers to the grilled prickly pear cactus pads.


I harvest cactus pads from the pasture but the grocery stores in most areas carry them now. They are known as Nopales in some areas. Not once have I driven across the pasture and said "darn, a nopales just flattened my tire". lol  I call em cactus. :) The small hand sized pads are nice and tender.
Use a sharp knife to remove the thorns and I like to trim around the edges..




Rub the veggies with olive oil, season with coarse salt and cracked black pepper before hitting the grill..



The grilled cactus salad with spicy chipotle dressing....
You can make the dressing as spicy or mild as you like.
The full recipe is posted at Char-Broil Live Jeanie's Grilled Cactus Salad

If you get the time, please take a peek. Thank you!! :)

2 comments:

quinngs said...

We love veggies on the grill, unfortunately we don't have any cactus in Alabama...lololl. Not even sure I could get my wife to try it or not.

Jeanie, I hope you have things going better on your computer. I replied to the message we had going, but it was a couple of weeks later. I don't check that e-mail very often as it is mostly my junk e-mail address I give out. Please check the reply if you are still having any trouble and I will keep a closer eye on it for the next couple of weeks.

THANKS again for taking the time to include us with your food adventures.

cowgirl said...

Scott thank you!!
I didn't receive your last message but it could have been in my spam file. For some reason not all of my emails reach my inbox.
I will look for it!
Thank you for helping with my computer problems... The malware I downloaded took care of some of the trouble. Still dealing with photobucket problems.
I'm trying new browsers to see which works best with blogger too.

I can show a person how to pull a calf or change the leathers on a windmill but I know zip about puters. lol

Hope you and your Mrs try cactus sometime. It reminds me of a greenbean. :)
I'm heading to the lake for a week. If you don't hear from me, I'll be back Friday night I think.
Have a great week Scott and thanks again!