Search Feature

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Campfire Surf~n~Turf




I celebrated my birthday during the last camp out. My favorite birthday meal is crab legs...... and heating them over a wood fire is my absolute favorite way to prep them.

I started by splitting some tatoes, stuffing them with a sliver of bacon, onion, butter and salt and pepper. Then wrapped them in foil and set them over the direct fire.



Also added a skillet of mushrooms in butter, with a few onions and some garlic. Then made a small pot of garlic butter..



Threw a couple of steaks on the fire and roasted some asparagus. Both seasoned with oil, salt and pepper. (kept it simple :))


Next came my favorite part....the crab legs!  Since they are already cooked, they just need to be warmed through and need to catch a little bit of smoke.







The stuffed tater, 1/4 of a grilled steak with shrooms, asparagus, smokey crab legs and garlic butter...



Since it was my birthday celebration, I went directly to the crab legs and forgot about the rest of the stuff. I cut down a styrofoam cup to hold the butter...



Pretty much ate crab with garlic butter until I was stuffed, saved the rest of the meal for lunch the next day. Then sat back by the fire and enjoyed the night.





 I don't know.... maybe I'm just odd.... but I'd rather celebrate my birthday kicked back at a quiet, beautiful location, enjoying close friends than to go to some crowded restaurant.

It was pretty nice and I'll probably do it again next year...  :)

4 comments:

Rob said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a great day...

cowgirl said...

Thank you Rob! It was a pretty nice day. :)
Hope your weekend is going well, sure seemed to go by fast! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Old Smoke said...

A belated "Happy Birthday" to you. I can't think of a better way to celebrate one's birthday, camping and fishing on the bank of a purdy lake, a nice meal and close friends..... makes for a special time...

I really wish I could remember my 29th lol.....it was a very very long time ago...;)
Have a good week

cowgirl said...

Thank you!!! :)
I enjoy camping for my birthday. It's so quiet and relaxing.
Hope you are doing great! Thanks for stopping by. :)