Search Feature

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Chickenfried Chops, Biscuits, Gravy, Fried Taters n Eggs





Another campfire breakfast. One that will last you all day. lol
I love chickenfried pork chops and the addition of wood smoke just sends them over the top for me.

This was a cook while camping...
Started some logs burning in the tractor rim. The weed burner really gets the fire going fast, even if the wood is damp.





Then added a skillet of sliced tatoes and onions...



next came the biscuits. Oiled my pie tin, placed the biscuits inside, topped with another oiled tin and wrapped the whole thing in foil...


I just flip and rotate these over the fire til done.



seasoned the pork chops, dredged in flour, dipped in an egg/milk bath and back into the flour...


fried til golden and set on the low heat side of the fire to keep warm and catch some smoke..









made skillet gravy with about 3 TBs of the drippings, flour, seasonings and milk...




also fried my eggs in butter, basting the tops with hot butter to "set" them...



the biscuits take about 20 to 25 minutes depending on your fire...



That's it! Breakfast


I think enjoying it by the lake while fishing made the breakfast taste special. :)










I like to make extra chops and have them later in the day for a quick leftover meal while at the lake. They taste pretty good cold.... Maybe I'm just not picky. lol

Had some nice rain here this week. Everything is greening up and the rose bush is starting to bloom. Life is good! :)





7 comments:

Joe said...

Wow! Nobody got up hungry from THAT breakfast. If they got up at all...

Looks great.

Joe

cowgirl said...

Thanks Joe!
Hope you're havin' a great week! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bushman said...

I gotta remember that technique for biscuits. I always pre-make my biscuits for deer camp (no Oven) and stick em in a ziploc. Those chops look delish.

Jim Dorchak said...

Wow that looks good. Lori and I are roughing it in our new Cabana, and we have been cooking using our dutch ovens and putting them inside our wood stove. It works really well and we are trying to come up with more and more good meal ideas. I sure do thank you so much for the inspiration that you give use from your blog. Almost 2 years here in Chile.

Jim

cowgirl said...

Bushman, your biscuits sound good too! Bet they warm up over the fire nicely.
Thought about you yesterday, I was getting ready to cook some crawfish outside and a hen turkey came up into the yard. I remembered you said you didn't hunt them at home. :)
Thanks!! :)

cowgirl said...

Jim I can't believe it's been 2 years already! I bet you're having a great time there. Bet your dutch oven cooks in the stove are mighty tasty too. Thanks so much for the kind comment. :)